The popularity of the Dave Dave app has soared, but there are plenty of other apps to choose from – each with their own approval process, loan amount limits, repayment plans, and costs.
To help you find instant access to cash when you need it, we've reviewed ten apps like Dave, covering how they work, their pros and cons, and a few alternatives.
Top 10 Apps Like Dave
Best for up to $100 per day without moving your direct deposit
Earnin, a popular cash advance app, has firmly established its presence by disbursing an impressive $15 billion to its expansive user base. At the core of its offerings is the Lightning Speed feature, granting users the flexibility to receive funds almost instantly or, alternatively, within a reasonable 1-3 business day period to avoid additional fees.
The app places a premium on financial flexibility, with a reported 66% of users successfully meeting their bill payments promptly upon adopting Earnin.
Earnin distinguishes itself through several key features. Users can qualify for a substantial $750 cash advance at a remarkable 0% APR, surpassing the offerings of many alternatives to Dave.
The Balance Shield feature stands out, providing timely notifications to prevent overdraft fees and enhance financial management. Additionally, the Tip Yourself functionality is a unique offering, enabling users to allocate a percentage of each paycheck to a separate savings account, promoting responsible financial habits.
- Qualification Criteria: To qualify for a cash advance with Earnin, users need to demonstrate consistent employment and a regular paycheck.
- Fee Structure and Interest Rates: Earnin operates on a tipping model, allowing users to tip what they believe is fair for the service. No mandatory fees or interest rates are applied.
- Loan Amounts and Repayment Terms: Users can access a cash advance up to $750, and repayment is aligned with the user's payday schedule.
- User Reviews and Ratings: Earnin boasts a strong 4.7-star rating from over 235,000 App Store reviews and a solid 4.6-star rating from over 195,000 Google Play reviews, indicating high user satisfaction.
- Offers up to $100 per day (up to $750) per pay period at 0% APR
- Access your pay nearly as fast as you earn it Tip Yourself functionality encourages savings by allocating a percentage of each paycheck
- Moving your direct deposit isn't necessary; Earnin links to your existing bank account
- If an Earnin payback debit is missed, borrow limit is decreased to $0
- Successful debits will be required to reestablish borrowing power
Best for up to $1,000 when switch direct deposit
MoneyLion positions itself as a comprehensive mobile banking app, offering users a suite of financial services, including cash advances, credit builder loans, daily spending rewards, and early pay access. Notably, their Instacash product stands out by allowing qualified users to borrow up to $500 with zero interest, no monthly fees, and no credit checks.
MoneyLion stands out in the mobile banking landscape, providing users with an array of financial services, including Instacash for quick and hassle-free cash advances.
- Qualification Criteria: Instacash, MoneyLion's cash advance feature, allows qualified users to borrow up to $500, and this limit can increase to $1,000 when direct deposit is linked to MoneyLion.
- Fee Structure and Interest Rates: MoneyLion's Instacash stands out by offering cash advances at 0% APR, providing users with a cost-effective solution for immediate financial needs.
- Cash Advance Limits and Usage: Qualified users can access up to $500 through Instacash, with the potential to increase this amount to $1,000 by linking their direct deposit to MoneyLion. This flexibility caters to a range of financial requirements.
- User Reviews and Ratings: MoneyLion enjoys favorable reviews, boasting a 4.7-star rating from over 95,000 App Store reviews and a solid 4.5-star rating from over 80,000 Google Play reviews, reflecting the positive experiences of a substantial user base.
- Access to up to $500 cash advance at 0% APR, potentially increasing the limit to $1,000 by linking direct deposit
- MoneyLion serves as a comprehensive mobile banking solution, offering credit builder loans and daily spending rewards
- Maximum Instacash limit required direct deposit to be moved to a MoneyLion RoarMoney account
Great for up to $500 flat-fee cash advances
Varo stands as a prominent online bank catering to over 3 million customers, offering a range of services, including competitive savings rates, credit-building initiatives, and a noteworthy cash advance feature. Varo distinguishes itself by providing a $20 cash advance for free, and for a fixed cost ranging from $4 to $15, members can access larger cash advances up to $250.
Varo's fixed cost structure ensures that these cash advances are offered at 0% APR, and uniquely, Varo does not request tips. The bank's commitment to fixed cost structures contributes to transparent and predictable financial solutions for its users.
- Qualification Criteria: To qualify for a cash advance with Varo, users may need to set their direct deposit to Varo, and meeting the requirement of $800 in qualifying direct deposits within the last month may be necessary.
- Fee Structure and Interest Rates: Varo offers a $250 cash advance at 0% APR, setting it apart from other apps. The fixed cost on cash advances ensures clarity for users, as they are aware of the precise amount they will be charged.
- Cash Advance Limits and Building History: Varo initially provides a $20 cash advance for free, and users can gradually unlock higher amounts, up to $250, by building a healthy account history over time.
- User Reviews and Ratings: Varo enjoys an outstanding reputation, garnering a remarkable 4.9-star rating from over 125,000 App Store reviews and a commendable 4.7 stars from over 160,000 Google Play reviews
- $50 - $500 flat-fee cash advances
- No interest and full 30 days to repay
- Direct deposit needs to be moved to Varo
- The initial cash advance limit is relatively low at $20, requiring users to build a healthy account history over time to unlock higher amounts
Great for online banking features and up to $250 Instant overdraft coverage
Albert, one of the apps like Dave, stands as a prominent mobile banking app, collaborating with Sutton Bank to deliver comprehensive financial services encompassing banking, saving, and investment accounts, all with FDIC protection.
This app like Dave to borrow money, eliminates the need for a minimum balance requirement and extends a fee-free overdraft option, allowing users to access up to $250. Notably, the Albert card presents an enticing proposition with robust cash-back rewards on everyday expenditures like gas, groceries, and delivery.
Albert positions itself as a holistic financial platform, offering banking, saving, and investment services. The app's collaboration with Sutton Bank ensures FDIC protection, offering its users confidence about the safety of their funds. With no minimum balance requirement, Albert is accessible to a broad user base.
- Qualification Criteria: To qualify for a $250 cash advance with Albert, users typically need to meet certain eligibility criteria, which may include consistent employment and a regular paycheck.
- Fee Structure and Interest Rates: Albert offers a $250 cash advance at 0% APR, providing users with a cost-effective borrowing option.
- Automated Savings: Albert takes a proactive approach to help users save more by facilitating automated savings. Users can leverage this feature to effortlessly work towards their financial goals without the need for constant manual intervention.
- Cash Back Rewards: Albert enhances the user experience by providing cash back rewards on common purchases such as gas, groceries, and delivery, making everyday spending more rewarding.
- User Reviews and Ratings: Albert maintains a commendable 4.6-star rating from over 130,000 App Store reviews, indicating a high level of user satisfaction. However, it receives a comparatively lower rating of 3.8 stars from over 52,000 Google Play reviews.
- Access up to a $250 with Instant overdraft coverage
- No credit check
- Receive your pay up to 2 days early with Albert Cash
- Albert Cash and Instant overdraft features require the Genius monthly subscription
Great for online checking accounts
Chime has emerged as a prominent player in the online banking space, catering to a substantial user base with over 10 million account holders. Offering features beyond traditional banking, Chime includes cash advance options, early direct deposit, and fee-free overdraft protection. Understanding the nuances of Chime's services requires delving into its key features, qualification criteria, fee structures, user reviews, and potential drawbacks.
As an online banking platform with over 10 million users, Chime positions itself as a comprehensive solution, blending standard banking services with innovative features such as cash advances, early direct deposit, and fee-free overdraft protection.
- Qualification Criteria: Chime's appeal is amplified by its straightforward signup process that doesn't necessitate a credit check. The accessibility of Chime's services is reflected in its wide user base, making it an inclusive option for various financial needs.
- Fee Structure and Interest Rates: Chime stands out for its fee-free approach, which extends to overdraft protection. The absence of monthly fees and hidden charges aligns with the platform's commitment to providing transparent and accessible financial services.
- Cash Advance Limits and Usage: While Chime offers cash advances, specific details about cash advance limits, interest rates, and other relevant information may require further exploration. Users should assess how Chime's cash advance features align with their financial needs and preferences.
- User Reviews and Ratings: Chime's popularity is evident in its substantial user base and positive ratings. However, obtaining specific details about user experiences, satisfaction levels, and potential drawbacks will contribute to a more comprehensive understanding.
- No minimum balance or monthly service fees
- No credit check
- Fast application allows digital debit card to be used right away
- Fee-free structure, including overdraft protection
- Chime online checking account required for overdraft & early pay features
If you are looking for more apps like Dave, Empower stands out as a financial platform. It provides users with a suite of services, including the opportunity to access 0% APR cash advances up to $250. Notably, Empower members have collectively received over $500 million in cash advances, showcasing the platform's commitment to assisting users in managing various expenses, from emergencies to daily purchases.
Empower is known as a comprehensive financial platform, offering users access to 0% APR cash advances as part of its broader array of services. The platform's substantial disbursement of cash advances reflects its dedication to providing practical financial solutions for its members.
- Qualification Criteria: Empower offers its users the chance to secure cash advances up to $250 at 0% APR, catering to immediate financial needs.
- Fee Structure and Interest Rates: While Empower provides 0% APR cash advances, it does have a monthly membership fee of $8. This fee structure should be considered in the context of the overall financial benefits offered by the platform.
- Cash Advance Limits and Usage: Empower empowers users by allowing cash advances up to $250, enabling them to cover a diverse range of expenses, from unexpected emergencies to routine purchases.
- User Reviews and Ratings: Empower enjoys a strong reputation, boasting a commendable 4.8-star rating from over 70,000 App Store reviews and a consistently high rating of 4.7 stars from over 65,000 Google Play reviews.
- Access to a $250 cash advance at 0% APR, aligning with the offerings of other cash advance apps.
- Bonus features for budget management and credit score.
- $8 monthly membership fee
Great for $50 to $250 Instant Cash
Brigit stands out as a financial app designed to empower its 4 million members with features that extend beyond cash advances. In addition to offering a $250 cash advance at 0% APR, Brigit provides tools for building credit, gaining insights into spending habits, and optimizing budgeting. The app boasts endorsements from public figures like Ashton Kutcher and Kevin Durant.
- Qualification Criteria: To access Brigit's services, users should consider the $9.99 monthly membership fee and meet the income threshold of receiving $1,500 monthly from the same employer.
- Fee Structure and Interest Rates: Brigit offers a $250 cash advance at 0% APR, aligning with the user-friendly terms prevalent in alternative financial apps.
- Cash Advance Limits and Usage: Beyond the cash advance feature, Brigit provides users with a comprehensive view of their spending habits, credit reports, and tools to enhance their credit scores. The app's ability to automatically send cash and prevent overdraft fees adds a layer of convenience for users.
- User Reviews and Ratings: Brigit enjoys positive feedback, reflected in its 4.8-star rating from over 205,000 App Store reviews. The Google Play rating, though slightly lower at 4.6 stars from over 100,000 reviews, still underscores the overall satisfaction of users.
- Up to $250 cash advance at 0% APR
- Credit building options
- Brigit monthly subscription required; ranging from $9.99 - $14.99
8: Possible Finance
Great for multiple options: Possible Loan and Possible Card
Possible Finance stands out as a financial wellness platform offering responsible credit access to individuals. With a focus on fairness and inclusivity, Possible's services extend beyond traditional payday loans, providing users with access to affordable credit and necessary financial tools.
- Qualification Criteria: Possible's commitment to inclusivity is evident in its approach to credit access. The platform aims to assist individuals, including those with limited credit history, in securing financial support.
- Fee Structure and Interest Rates: Digging into Possible's fee structure and interest rates is essential for users seeking clarity on the cost of credit. Understanding the terms associated with borrowing from Possible will contribute to informed financial decisions.
- Credit Building and Impact: Possible's impact on credit building is an area worth exploring. Users may benefit from insights into how responsible borrowing with Possible can positively influence their credit profiles over time.
- User Reviews and Ratings: Examining user reviews provides valuable perspectives on Possible's services. Gaining insights into user experiences, customer satisfaction levels, and potential areas for improvement will contribute to a well-rounded understanding.
- Borrow up to $500 with the Possible Loan and repay over time
- Access to a $400 or $800 credit limit with the Possible Card
- No credit check
- Maximum loan amounts vary by state. As an example, California is limited to $250
Klover emerges as a comprehensive financial app that not only facilitates cash advances but also integrates personalized financial tools to enhance users' overall financial management. The app incentivizes responsible financial behavior by awarding points through activities like surveys, ad watching, and timely repayment of cash advances. These points not only contribute to raising the borrowing limit but also offer entry into daily sweepstakes with a chance to win up to $100.
Klover goes beyond cash advances, offering users a suite of personalized financial tools to monitor budgets, set credit score goals, and manage spending and saving targets.
- Qualification Criteria: To engage with Klover's services, users should be comfortable with the app's monthly membership fee and should consider alternatives if they anticipate borrowing amounts exceeding $200.
- Fee Structure and Interest Rates: Klover provides a $200 cash advance at 0% APR, aligning with the user-friendly terms seen in alternative financial apps.
- Cash Advance Limits and Usage: Klover's points program encourages responsible financial behavior, allowing users to earn points through various activities and thereby increase their borrowing limit. Additionally, users can participate in daily sweepstakes, adding an engaging dimension to the platform.
- User Reviews and Ratings: Klover enjoys positive feedback, reflected in its 4.7-star rating from over 100,000 App Store reviews. While the Google Play rating is slightly lower at 4.1 stars from over 45,000 reviews, the overall sentiment suggests user satisfaction with Klover's offerings.
- $200 cash advance at 0% APR
- Earn points that can convert to cash by taking surveys and watching ads
- Cash advance limit on the low end compared to others apps like Dave on the list
PayActiv stands out as an employer-partnered financial solution, enabling individuals to access their earned wages before the traditional payday. Through partnerships with employers, PayActiv empowers users to transfer funds to their bank account, load them onto a PayActiv card, or even obtain cash at Walmart. The platform's versatility extends to utilizing earned wages for services like Uber rides or purchasing daily essentials from Amazon.
PayActiv revolutionizes payday access by allowing users to tap into their already-earned wages through a user-friendly app.
- Qualification Criteria: To leverage PayActiv, individuals need their employer to be a partner with the platform, highlighting the importance of employer integration for users to benefit from this service.
- Fee Structure and Interest Rates: Accessing earned wages through PayActiv incurs fees, all of which are less than $3. This transparent fee structure contributes to a cost-effective solution for users in need of immediate funds.
- Cash Advance Limits and Usage: PayActiv members collectively took out over $5 billion in cash advances in 2021, showcasing the widespread utilization of the platform to meet various financial needs.
- User Reviews and Ratings: PayActiv enjoys high user satisfaction, evident in its 4.8-star rating from over 36,000 App Store reviews and a commendable 4.5-star rating from over 25,000 Google Play reviews. These positive ratings underscore the positive impact and reliability of PayActiv's services.
- PayActiv effectively invented Earned Wage Access
- Low fees
- Only offered as a benefit from select employers
Alternatives to Apps Like Dave
Peer-to-peer lending apps have emerged as a new loan option, which enables individuals to lend money to one another directly without involving a bank. These platforms connect borrowers and investors on a single platform, simplifying the complexities associated with traditional personal loans. Peer-to-peer lending offers borrowers the advantage of lower interest rates, while investors have the opportunity to earn greater returns. The model also enables a wider range of borrowers to be served.
The Bottom Line
When it comes apps like Dave, there's a lot of options to choose from. Finding the best app for you will come down to which app you'd like to partner with for the long term as most apps have somewhat similar features but getting the maximum cash advance amount is determined by mostly by maintaining a healthy checking account, steady deposits and proving you'll repay what you borrow.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Dave?
Dave is a financial app designed to help users manage their finances and avoid overdraft fees. It provides features like cash advances, budgeting tools, and predictive alerts for potential upcoming expenses. Dave aims to assist users in navigating their financial challenges and optimizing their monetary well-being.
How do cash advance apps work?
Cash advance apps, similar to apps like Dave, operate by allowing users to access a portion of their earned wages before the scheduled payday. Users typically link their bank accounts or employment information to the app, and the amount available for advance is based on their earnings. This provides individuals with the flexibility to cover unexpected expenses or bridge financial gaps between paychecks.
Are cash advance apps legit?
Yes, reputable cash advance apps are legitimate and widely used. These apps follow legal and regulatory standards, and their legitimacy is reinforced by positive user experiences and reviews. However, it's crucial to choose well-established apps with transparent terms and conditions to ensure a secure and trustworthy experience.
Is there any other app like Dave?
Yes, there are several apps like Dave that offer cash advance features and financial management tools. Some notable alternatives include Earnin, Albert, Brigit, and Chime. Each app may have unique features and terms, so users can explore different options based on their preferences and financial needs.
Which is better: Dave or Albert?
The choice between Dave and Albert depends on individual preferences and financial priorities. Dave focuses on avoiding overdraft fees and providing cash advances, while Albert offers comprehensive financial management tools, including automated savings and investment features. Users may assess their specific needs and preferences to determine which app aligns better with their financial goals.
Where can I borrow money in 5 minutes?
Several cash advance apps like Dave, such as Earnin, Brigit, and Dave, offer quick borrowing solutions, allowing users to access funds within minutes. The process typically involves linking your bank account, verifying employment details, and meeting the app's eligibility criteria. However, users should carefully review terms and fees associated with these services.
What app will give me $200 instantly?
Apps like Earnin, Brigit, and Dave may provide users with the option to access $200 instantly through their cash advance features. The availability of instant funds depends on factors such as the user's earnings, repayment history, and the specific policies of the chosen app.
What apps let you borrow money without a credit check?
Cash advance apps like Dave generally focus on employment and earnings rather than traditional credit checks. Apps like Earnin, Brigit, and Dave typically don't perform a credit check when offering cash advances. However, users should review each app's terms and conditions to understand eligibility criteria and any associated fees.